National Program for Sustainable Irrigation partner Goulburn-Murray Water is making a major contribution to the evaluation of thin films, or monolayers, which can spread over water surfaces to reduce evaporation.
A large proportion of irrigation research is understandably aimed at efficient use of water extracted from storages for food production but attention is also given to reducing losses that occur through evaporation.
We have gathered together all our evaporation research projects, reports, facts sheets and links to other relevant information below.
Publications & Videos
More evaporation information
- Dam Evaporation Mitigation publictions from Cooperative Research Centre for Irrigation Futures.
- Rural Water Note - Reducing Farm Dam Evaporation (PDF) from Department of Water Government of Western Australia
- Application Equipment Report (PDF) from Goulburn Murray Water
- Farm Dam Management Resource Kit from National Centre for Engineering in Agriculture
- ReadyRecknor evaporation mitigation calculator from National Centre for Engineering in Agriculture